If you’ve ever been to an Indian restaurant, then you’ve enjoyed the unique and spice-laden pleasure of Indian cuisine before. After trying it once, you might be looking for a way to bring it into your own household to enjoy more often.
It’s important to note that saying “Indian cooking” is broad. There are many sub-regions in India, each with their own unique style of cooking. Generally, however, Indian cuisine requires many grinding spices, making chutney, and making dosa batter.
We’ve created this article with the best blender for Indian cooking options in the United States. Please keep reading to find out which ones we picked and what makes a blender good for Indian cooking.
BEST BLENDERS FOR INDIAN COOKING
With 10 different speeds to choose from, you can easily perfect the texture of all the foods you are making.
Additionally, the pulse feature allows you to coarsely chop and break up items like spices or easily create chunky sauces or soups without any problem.
Thanks to the 48-ounce jar, you can easily blend a larger amount of food for your entire family without having to worry about working in batches, which can save you a lot of time in the kitchen. With a cord length of 4.5 feet, this blender can stretch from its outlet in the wall, making it very easy to maximize the countertop space in your kitchen.
Look how easy it is to make Dosa batter in a Vitamix blender:
- Cleaning the blender is easy; it’s self-cleaning with a drop of soap and water, which means no spice residue will be left behind.
- Stainless steel blades are made from aircraft-grade stainless steel and can easily stand up to the hardest ingredients without being damaged.
- Not only can you grind nuts and seeds, but you can also heat soup and mix dough and Dosa batter in this blender, making it a true multi-tasker.
- Perfect for spice grinding.
- At 11.5 pounds, some users have trouble lifting and moving the blender around in the kitchen.
- Some reports state that you need a lot of liquid to make sauces and batters.
Not only can you use this Nutribullet RX N17 blender hands-free so that you can keep working on other prep work in the kitchen while you are cooking, but because it comes with several jars to choose from, you won’t have to stop and wash.
Additionally, there is a lid for one jar, so you can prep your food ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
This is a great way to decrease the amount of time that you spend cooking each day. Because the jars can hold up to 45 ounces, you can easily make large batches of sauce for your meals.
- Different size cups make it easy to choose the size that is perfect for your blending needs.
- Small enough that it doesn’t take up a lot of counter space or can be easily stored in a cupboard.
- It blends incredibly quickly and doesn’t require the tamping of ingredients.
- Can make warm Indian soups.
- There are reports of the jars retaining odors if they aren’t cleaned right away.
- Some users have had issues with how loud the blender is.
- Users have reported that if there isn’t enough liquid in the jar, the blender will have problems blending.
- Many users have had problems trying to make rice idli batter or Dosa in this blender.
You may also be interested in this Nutribullet vs. Ninja comparison. If you’re interested in buying a nutribullet but can’t decide which one to pick, check out my reviews for the best nutribullet options.
You can easily set this blender to run and then forget about it, making it easy to keep your hands on other things in the kitchen.
The five-sided jar works by actually pulling food towards the blade so that you don’t have to worry about using a tamper to make sure that everything is blended evenly. In contrast, the smaller four-sided jar is a great option if you want to grind Indian spices or grain.
Even the toughest ingredients can’t stand up to the strong and powerful blades. The large jar means you can make huge batches of dosa batter all at once.
- It’s easy to use the blender to make the batter for dosa.
- Creamy and smooth chutneys are only a few seconds away.
- The blender can easily powder spices, nuts, and cereals.
- The powerful stainless steel blades can easily grind jaggery and break it down.
- Pre-programmed cycles make it easy to create fresh drinks.
- Some users have reported that the blender is painfully loud.
- There are reports of food drying below the steel blades if the blender is not cleaned right away.
You won’t have to worry about sauces or batters leaking out of the jar when you use this blender as the lid fits securely and snugly and won’t vibrate out of place when the blender is working.
Thanks to the 6-blade assembly, you will be able to blend ingredients easily and grind spices significantly faster than you can with other blenders.
The large jar isn’t just ideal for mixing up a huge batch of batter for your entire family. It is also effortless to clean and won’t retain odors or flavors when you are done with it, which can be a huge problem with some blenders.
- Everything is BPA free.
- All parts of the blender can be put in the dishwasher when done with them, making it easy to clean up after cooking.
- It can blend into the large capacity 72-ounce pitcher or the personal blending cups.
- It has a robust 1100 watt motor, which can easily chew through various ingredients, including spices – making it a great substitute for an Indian mixer grinder.
- Some users have reported that this blender is painfully loud.
- There are reports of food drying below the blades if not cleaned immediately after cooking.
Not only can you stagger your blending, thanks to the pulse mode on this blender, but you can also quickly and easily liquefy, puree, mix, chop, or stir with 5 pre-programmed buttons.
The patented pitcher is designed so that it will not shatter, scratch, or stain, and it can be put into the dishwasher when you are done using the blender so that you don’t have to spend as much time cleaning up after yourself.
The motor control on this blender sets it apart, as it will sense the contents in the jar and maintain the best speed for powering through the ingredients.
- The pitcher is one-piece, which will decrease the chance of spills or leaks.
- “Soft start” means that the motor gradually speeds up so that the food is pulled towards the blades.
- The powerful stainless steel blades can easily break down even the most fibrous vegetables.
- It has a die-cast metal base that’s simple to wipe clean after cooking.
- Some users have problems with the plastic jar retaining odors if it is not cleaned right away.
- It comes with a one-year warranty, which some users don’t think is long enough for blenders.
- Some users have struggled using this blender to blend or grind frozen food.
So this is it about the best countertop blender you can use for Indian cooking in the USA. I hope this information will help you in choosing a suitable blender.