A Mixer grinder is perhaps the most important appliance in a household kitchen. Buying the best mixer grinder for your kitchen can be a difficult task especially when you are doing it for the first time and have your precious hard-earned money at stake. With 100s of mixer grinder brands and models to choose from, finding the best mixer grinder that suits your requirements can be very challenging. As a result, many people give up due to the enormity of the task and buy any mixer grinder that they get their hands on.
Best Mixer Grinder Brands in India
There are many mixer grinders brands in the market. Following you’ll find the list of best mixer grinder brands (in no particular order) that are the most popular ones and provide good warranty and after-sales service.
It is a Dutch Technology brand and has its headquarters in Amsterdam. It was founded on 15 May 1891 by Gerard Philips and Frederik Philips. This brand has focused on the field of electronics, lighting, and healthcare. It was the world’s largest manufacturer in the year 2013 revenues. In India Philips is like a mother brand for all electronics and lighting and we often don’t even care about the product specs by just looking at the brand. You can click on the below link to view some mixer grinders of Philips.
It was founded in 1926 by Jamnalal Bajaj in Mumbai. The group comprises of 36 companies which involve various industries like automobiles, lighting, home appliances, insurance, iron and steel, travel and finance. This brand is India based brand and has therefore made a lot of impact into the minds of the consumers. Bajaj mixer grinders are the best selling brand for this category as they are easy to use, budget-friendly as well as perfect for the purpose of Indian cooking. You can click on the below link to view some mixer grinders of Bajaj.
It is an Indian leading home appliance brand and has its presence over 10 billion households in India and abroad. The modern technology is used to build these appliances and hence it caters to the needs of modern households. This industry was set up in 1978 and engaged in building kitchen appliances. The mixer grinders are just perfect for Indian cooking and also budget-friendly. You can click on the below link to view some mixer grinders of Preethi.
4. Morphy Richards
It has its headquarters in Swinton Meadows and was founded on July 8, 1936, and has its specialization in home appliances like induction oven, kettles, coffee makers, food processors, microwave ovens, etc. The Morphy Richards mixer grinders are stylish, compact and cater to all the requirements of Indian households. You can click on the below link to view some mixer grinders of Morphy Richards.
Panasonic is a Japanese multinational company with its headquarter in Kadoma, Osaka, Japan and was introduced on March 13, 1918. It has manufacturing units in the field of Electronics, Home Appliances, and Semi-Conductors. Starting from rice cookers this industry just kept on growing and becoming an important brand of the market. The Panasonic Mixer Grinders are budget-friendly and includes the mechanism required for cooking Indian food. You can click on the below link to view some mixer grinders of Panasonic.
Buying Guide to Find Best Mixer Grinder
It is usually seen that while buying Mixer grinders we don’t get many options and we are forced to purchase the one displayed by the shopkeeper. We blindfold relied on them for this appliance, however, this situation has changed in the generation of online shopping.
The following points should be remembered before purchasing any mixer grinder.
1. Mixer Requirements- The Grinders earlier were meant only for the purpose of grinding or smashing however nowadays most of the mixer grinders come with a juicer jar.
Mixer Grinders are of two types:
- Mixer Grinder
- Juicer Mixer Grinder
It is advisable to go for a mixer grinder that can be used for juicing purposes as well as it is not advisable to purchase two individual appliances when you can get the work done from one appliance. This also saves money and time.
2. Safe to Handle- Any home appliance usually runs with electricity hence it should be safe and user-friendly. A mixer grinder is usually used in the kitchen and we also use water to soften the mixture while grinding, therefore, there must be the following safety points:-
- Safety Lock- There should be a safety lock present on the jar so that it doesn’t spill the food outside the mixer. It is really painful to clean as it spills all around the kitchen in the walls and kitchen platform. It should be present in all jars so as to prevent this kind of issue.
- Vacuum Base- The base of the mixer grinder should have vacuum footer cups so that it rests on the kitchen platform and by any chance doesn’t slip due to uneven loading on the grinder. You should go for such mixers so as to avoid such chances.
- Over Load Protection- The mixer grinder should have overload protection and it is a very important feature as most of the time due to overload the motor of the mixer gets damaged and is such case all you need to do is throw the old mixer and get another one. However, this Automatic feature is similar to that of the fuse in electric bulbs here in case of overloading the circuit breaks and the mixer stops working. In this way, the mixer doesn’t get the potential damages.
3. Power- The mixer grinders’ power ranges from about 400W to 750W. The wet grinding or dry masala grinding doesn’t need Power more than mixer grinder 400Watts whereas the hard grinding like idly batter or hard vegetables needs about mixer grinder 750Watts Power.
The Juicer Mixer Grinder is perfect for all kinds of grinding purposes.
4. Jars- The mixer grinders usually come with three jars one for juicing, one for preparing chutney, and one for grinding purposes.
- The grinding jar is a small-sized jar for dry masalas.
- The chutney jar is a medium-sized jar for making chutney.
- The juicing jar is a big jar that can be used to make juices.
5. Motor Speed- The mixer grinders can function properly with a proper functioning motor.