An electric kitchen tool that is used to chop, grate, mince, slice, puree, and blend a variety of food ingredients. Food processors have different blades that perform the various functions, which may also include kneading the dough with a blade rather than a hook. The food processor can usually perform any of these tasks in minimal time, which makes it an indispensable tool in the kitchen.
The processing or holding containers on Food Processors are available in sizes ranging from 2 to 14 cups. The smaller sized Processers are limited in their functionalities but work well for very limited and small tasks. Typical accessories or components may include any of the following: food feeder tubes (wide or narrow mouth); small to large processor bowl (some have snap-on lids for storage of processed contents); disk blades, steel “S” blade for chopping, a dough blade, disk slicing blades for fine or medium cuts, and grater disk blades for fine of the medium grating.
Food processor task performance
- chopping or mincing items such as herbs, garlic, nuts, olives, and select vegetables.
- grating carrots, cheese, chocolate.
- slicing cabbage, onions, potatoes, and vegetables.
- mixing, blending or making breadcrumbs, bread or pizza dough, hummus, mayonnaise, and tapenade. It is suggested that chores such as grinding spices or nuts, pureeing into smoothly blended mixtures, or slicing into equal lengths and sizes can best be accomplished with a blender.
Techniques of using a food processor
- Food processor uses to grate soft items such as soft cheese, dried fruit, meat, poultry, or chocolate to name a few, freeze the food to stiffen it into a firmer texture that grates easier and more uniformly
- To cut or chop food items into sizes or shapes that are similar, pre-cut the food into smaller pieces and then process by repeatedly turning the processor on and off for short durations.
Tips for food processor good health
1. Before using the food processor, be aware of the foods that can and cannot be used. This will avert any untoward incident.
2. For smooth running, always cut the vegetables into small pieces. This ensures consistency.
3. Avoid filling the food processor completely for better chopping and blending. Never put your hand in the food processor as it may damage the product or cause injuries.
4. Pour liquids through the funnel only during the kneading process.
5. To get rid of odors in the bowl, make a solution of water and baking soda and let it remain for around 15 minutes. Then dry thoroughly.
6. Cleaning the food processor is very important. This has to be done after every use. As any other electrical appliance, always unplug before the cleaning process to avoid shocks. The motor is the easiest part to clean. Just take a damp cloth and wipe the outer surface and dry.
7. The spindles and blades need to be wiped thoroughly to get rid of moisture completely. Oiling the blades will help inefficient functioning of the blades. Read instructions provided in the manual on the process to oil them. Constant use of blades may lead to wear and tear. In such cases, replace the blades immediately. Also, remove food stuck between the blades to avoid causing any damage to the blades.
8. To get rid of deposits that are not easy to remove, you can use a nylon scrubber.
Food processor these days became the one of important appliances of the kitchen and is important to know about it is also replaces some of the kitchen appliances as has features of them so you should buy food processor for your kitchen. So I hope this information will somewhere help you in maintaining and using your food processor. If you have any further points you can put in the comment section.